Monday, December 19, 2011

the indispensable bruha: ribbons of hope and wrappers of love

5 days before Christmas eve... everyone is busy, shopping... grocery.... bonus... 13th month pay... 

I turned on the tv and it was TV Patrol airing at that time.  All I can see on the screen was mud... flooded areas... tumbling cars and dead people.  I was thinking, why now? why at this time?  why when its only 5 days to go.  I felt a lil confused to why... why at this time... I know I'm not in the position to ask God why near Christmas where the celebration needs to be happy.  All I thought  is this time, its time of sharing.  Time to give whatever that is excess or even we dont really need.  

I know Lord has a purpose why this happen... ask me? I don't really know.  I remember a friend told me this.  "we live here in the earth as a testing ground, sometimes people do pass early and they graduated and some are left behind to be angels of those who are lost."  So  I believe God really has a reason.  He wants us to know that we are not alone, that there are people who needs our help.. He also wants us to take care all of the things he provided us.  the rivers, seas, trees and a lot more.  

This incident has a great bearing to me since the last super typhoon "Ondoy." I was there, stranded in the middle of Manila and Quezon City looking for a place to stay for the night since I cant go home. I saw people sleeping outside the mall just to be safe, hoping that the rain will stop and the flood will subside.  I was there when I have no choice but to stay on a motel with a gay friend who has been my angel since then.  I felt all alone at that moment, but God gave me reasons to move on and be strong.  

going back, I saw this picture on FB.  Hope all of us can help our fellowmen most especially during this time. 




they need our help.  Make them feel that there is still Christmas.. 


Princess_Belle

0 comments:

Post a Comment